PLEASE NOTE: CHANGES EFFECTIVE JANUARY 2020
- The City has contracted GAD for WEEKLY curbside garbage and recycling pick-up next year.
- Curbside garbage and recycling will be picked up EVERY WEDNESDAY. Please keep in mind pick-up will be delayed one (1) day on holiday weeks.
- Each address will be provided with one recycling container at no charge. Please note, this container is only for recyclable items – DO NOT put your garbage in the container. You must still put your garbage in City stamped (green or purple) garbage bags. If you move, please leave the container at the residence.
- GAD will deliver one 18-gallon container to each residential property sometime during the 3rd week of December. If nobody is home, GAD will leave the container on the property. For apartment buildings – each apartment will receive a container.
- Starting in January, recyclable items can be mixed (single stream) in the container. There will no longer be a need to separate recyclables.
- Each household is allowed to fill one 18-gallon container per week. You are encouraged to bring any overflow to the recycling center or hold it over until the next week.
City stamped garbage bags have not had a price increase in over 15 years. Effective January 2020, there will be a 10% increase for City stamped garbage bags.
Prices will be as follows:
Purple (13 gal) roll of 10 – $9.00
Green (30 gal) roll of 10 – $15.00
City stamped garbage bags can be purchased at City Hall, Witt’s Piggly Wiggly Service Counter, and Mercier’s Fastop Shell Gas Station.
There are no changes to the Recycling Center. You may still bring single stream recyclables to the center or drop off larger items for a minimal fee during regular center hours: Tuesday and Saturday from 7 am until 3 pm and Thursday from 7 am until 11 am. Garbage in City bags ARE NOT allowed at the Recycling Center for disposal. Garbage is curbside pick-up only.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call City Hall.